After a two-day adventure in Santorini, we were ready to check out the “beach-party” island of Mykonos (or so we’ve heard!). On our Agenda: Sailing to Delos along the Mediterranean, Little Venice, Paradise Beach, Super Paradise Beach and some good nightlife and restaurants.
- 2:00pm – Arrive at the Mykonos Ferry port, and take a taxi to the Leto Hotel, situated right in the center of town, by the Mykonos Old Port. This is a prime location if you want to be in a central part of town, filled with bars, restaurants, clubs that line the water. Quick Tip: If you are looking a “less touristy” experience, we’d recommend staying more inland, by the beaches. There are dozens of great Airbnb’s or small B&B’s that feature this.
- 4:00pm – Rent a scooter from one of the many vendors in town and head to Paradise Beach! Once you arrive here, you’ll be greeted by the loud house music playing at the famous Tropicana Beach Bar. The party here is 24/7 and there is an “Italian MC” that walks around in nothing but a G-string greeting / meeting and joking with guests. Dancing on tables and taking shots is considered “the norm” here, and it’s a scene you shouldn’t miss! There are several other bars along the beach that feature different styles of music, dance lessons, cabanas on the beach, etc. so take a stroll along the beach and find a place that suits you.
- 6:00pm – As if Paradise Beach wasn’t enough, time to “scoot” 20 minutes east to Super Paradise Beach! The name fits this location well. The beach and general scene is much more picturesque than Paradise Beach. It’s a great place to watch the sunset.
- 6:30pm – Head over to Jackie O’ Beach Club & Restaurant. It’s an up-scale beach club featuring a full restaurant and elevated pool / lounge area overlooking the beach. They typically have entertainment in the evenings (when we went they had a hilarious drag show).
- 9:00am – 2:00pm – Do the semi-private half-day yacht-cruise through Mykonos. You can book at SailOnboard with Artemis, the captain (100 EUR p/p). This is perhaps one of the best ways to explore Mykonos. We arrived on our sail boat, greeted three other couples, and sailed 40 minutes to the island of Delos (birthplace of Apollo). From there, we headed to a gorgeous private beach for some snorkeling in the Mediterranean and our captain barbecued a traditional Greek lunch (lamb kebobs, greek salad, feta-cheese stuffed grilled peppers and many glasses of wine)! What a trip!
- 3:00pm – We were exhausted after the trip, but if up for it, we’d recommend exploring some of the other beaches. Paraga Beach and Psarou Beach are some well-known locations for relaxing.
- 7:00pm – Have dinner in one of the many restaurants in “Little Venice” in the old town of Mykonos. Perfect place for people watching and get a table that has a view of the windmills.
- 11:30pm – 2:00am – Head to Paradise Club Mykonos for a true nightclub experience. It’s a very nice venue (in Paradise beach) while and features some of the biggest DJs from all over the world.
- 2:00am – Head to the Hotel and get some need rest for our next day in Athens!