Eric and I first woke up two weeks prior to our trip, and saw a 2 for 1 special on Virgin for a flight to Oahu. With only 48-hours on the beautiful island, we had to be efficient! On our list for the weekend: Mai Tai’s on Waikiki Beach, Waterfall Hikes, Beach Luau’s, Dole Pineapple Plantation, ATV’s at Kualoa Ranch, Tune Poke and Acai Bowls!
- 7:30AM – Take Virgin America flight from SFO to HNL ($574 round trip for 2!)
- 11:30AM – Arrive Aloha time! Pick up rental car at Advantage ($87 for 2 days)
- 12:30PM – Drive to Sheraton Waikiki Hotel for immediate Mai Tai ($250 per night)
- 1:00PM – Grab a Tuna Poke Bowl and Pina Colada in a Pineapple at Cuckoo Coconuts
- 2:30PM – Head to Lanikai Beach for a walk along the beach and some serious sun! You drive along highway 61 and see an incredible landscape!
- 5:00PM – Drive to Paradise Cove Luau for 4 hours of food, drink and dancing (This has got to be the best one on the island – $85 p/p)
- 9:30PM – Head home for some sleep (2 hour time change and we’ve got a workout tomorrow!)
- 4:45AM – 6:30AM – Desperately wait for the sunrise to start our 5-mile morning beach run to Diamondback Mountain!
- 7:30AM – Grab the Acai Bowl, French Toast and Kale Salad at Heavenly Island
- 8:30AM – Hike Mānoa Falls trail!!
- 9:00AM – Drive to the North Shore to view turtles and pro surfurs
- 9:45AM – Detour for pineapple ice cream at the Dole Plantation! Ride the Pineapple Express (20-minute tour for $9 p/p that is probably worth it as you eat more pineapple)
- 11:30AM Continue our drive along Kamehameha Hwy, stopping at Laniakea (Turtle) Beach and Banzai Pipeline
- 1:30PM Get some grub at Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck and coconuts
- 2:30PM – ATV Tour at Kualoa Ranch
- 4:00PM – Head back to Sheraton for Happy Hour from 4-5pm!
- 5:00PM – 6:00PM – Swim in Sheraton Waikiki Infinity Pool and watch the sunset with a glass of Chardonnay!
- 6:30PM – Eat at House Without A Key (you can easily split the $22 Burger and $29 Fish-of-the-day for an awesome ~$50 dinner for two!)
- 8:00PM – Head to Sky Waikiki – cocktail bar overlooking Waikiki downtown and split an order of the Banana Lumpias and your favorite cocktail while lounging on a couch
- 10:30PM – Head home, we’ve got another morning workout
- 7:00AM – Run 2 miles up Diamond Head Rd + Brief Crossfit Workout at Leahi Park (WOD: 3 Rounds – 10 bar dips, 5 pull-ups, 15 air-squats)
- 8:00AM – Grab another Acai bowl / Latte / Pastry (we earned it) at Breakfast at Island Vintage Coffee
- 10:00AM – Watch Amanda crush Water Aerobics in the Sheraton Waikiki Infiniti Pool
- 10:45AM – Picked up a Yogee at Wanderlust that also lives in SF and is on our flight!
- 11:00AM – Last Mai Tai and/or Bloody Mary at Edge of Waikiki Pool Bar at the Sheraton before we head to the airport (Happy Hour from 10am – 12pm!)
- 12:00PM – Grab gas, return the rental car, and check-in before our 1:05PM flight. Hassle-free travel with TSA Pre to skip past the security line!